Saturday, February 28, 2009

Like something from a Stephen King novel...

I try to keep away from anything too personal in this blog, I'm the kind of girl who keeps things close to my chest, but, the events of the last week have had me thinking maybe I could write a novel a la Stephen King, or Dean Koontz about the strange repetitious nature of the universe.

Let me explain.

I am organising the kids' school fair, one of my major character flaws is an inability to say no. I think from now on I shall say no way, Jose, to school fair organising as it seems to have an unfortunate, and I'm sure totally coincidental toll on my family.

My recent absence from the blogosphere was due to one of those awful dashes you have to do up the country when a dear one falls ill. This time it was my Mum providing the unwanted excitement for our family. I am thrilled to say Mum is making good progress, thank god, because I can not imagine life without her, and it was truly awful to have to even entertain the possibility.
A couple of her best friends summed it up nicely in their card saying "What the hell do you think you are doing!"

You are wondering what this has to do with school fairs. It is two weeks until the school fair.

Two weeks before the school fair a few years ago involved another dash, this time down the country, unfortunately for the funeral of my dear brother, Barry, to whom I dedicated Overkill. Barry had battled a brain tumour for some time and finally succumbed.

So you see, why I am developing an aversion to school fairs. It's like something out of the twilight zone, cue the do do do do, do do do do music.

SO if any one out there is even remotely considering asking me to organise anything that resembles a fair, or fete or even a garage sale, DON'T!

No comments: