Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good ole Mum


We had a special trip out to the airport this afternoon to pick up my Mum. Three lovely weeks of her company ahead.

Mum more than anyone is aware of my, ahem, fondness for books, so arrived bearing a few returns, and a couple of newbies for my devourment:

The Fire, by Katherine Neville.

I can't wait to read this book as it is the follow up to her fabulous book The Eight, which reigned supreme in the historical / current day mystery thriller romp before Dan Brown took out the franchise on it.


Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks.

Subtitled Tales of Music and the Brain, this looks to be a fascinating look into the human mind.

Just got to figure out when I'll get time to read them...

2 comments:

Mary McCallum said...

yeah the Sacks book looks wonderful - a bit of a tome though! - go Vanda! [And lucky you with your Mum]

octopusgrrl said...

Unfortunately I was terribly disappointed by "The Fire" - I was so looking forward to it, so maybe my expectations were too high? Your mileage may vary...