Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dangerous Women



I had to post a parcel at the post office today, you know, the one next door to the University Book Shop, and it won't take much imagination on your part to work out what happened next.

I know, I know, I can't say no to anyone, let alone myself, consequently the moment I clapped eyes on a book named Dangerous Women, it was a fait accompli. Especially when the back cover blub tempted with a line like "Prepare to meet the most seductively female and most shockingly fatal of femmes fatales..."

After a tempter like that I had to buy it, it would have been rude not to...

4 comments:

Law and Order said...

You seem to be posting a lot of parcels lately! Very clever!

TK Roxborogh said...

I'm curious as to why you don't post things at the Mornington post shop..... No bookshops in that wee mall. Hmmmm?

Vanda Symon said...

I thought so too, Joanne.

And as for your rude comment Tania, helllooooo, the Post Shop in Mornington is next to a BAKERY.

zipperty-doo-dah said...

So good to be able to imagine you in that neck of the woods, or should it be that neck of Dunedin? We will be down there again in December for Graduation, it will make a change from being there mid-winter for the Capping Show!
Belynda