Thursday, June 4, 2009

Theakston's Old Peculier


It's voting time again for the Theakston's Old Peculier (no, not peculiar, and I know your brain read it that way!) Crime Novel of the Year Award. This award is in conjunction with the Harrogate Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Britain, and the point of difference is...ta dah...it is decided by you, yes you can vote for the book you think deserves to be named the best crime novel of the year.

There is a short list you can choose from, so no, you can't vote for me, and I know you all would have, but you can go here to vote.

I've read three from the list, Death Message by Mark Billingham, Ritual by Mo Hayder and Exit Music by Ian Rankin.

If I was forced to vote on those three I'd be ticking Mo's box.

(Thanks Kiwicraig for the heads-up)

3 comments:

Kiwicraig said...

Vote for The Crime Novel of the Year 2009 (shortlist)

- Death Message - Mark Billingham
- The Accident Man - Tom Cain
- Bad Luck And Trouble - Lee Child
- Gone To Ground - John Harvey
- Ritual - Mo Hayder
- Garden Of Evil - David Hewson
- A Cure For All Diseases - Reginald Hill
- The Colour Of Blood - Declan Hughes
- Dead Man’s Footsteps - Peter James
- Broken Skin - Stuart MacBride
- Beneath The Bleeding - Val McDermid
- Exit Music - Ian Rankin
- Friend Of The Devil - Peter Robinson
- Savage Moon - Chris Simms

Kiwicraig said...

Interestingly, I've read several of those authors, just not those titles. I have 3 Stuart MacBrides in my TBR pile (including what I thought were the latest 2), but they're Cold Granite (and old one), Flesh House and Blind Eye...

Two McDermids in the TBR pile, but not that one...

Have read some Rankin and some Hayder, just not those titles...

...etc etc...

Seems like a great line-up of authors though...

Vanda Symon said...

Howdy Craig.

I should have added the titles to my post yesterday, but it was too cold in the office and the fire was going in the lounge and there was a cup of tea waiting...