Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jumping the ditch

I am counting down the days till I finally get to use my passport and get my first steps on Australian soil. Yes folks, sad though it may seem, I am feeling hysterically excited about my first grown up trip overseas! To Australia, or Sydney to be more specific. I have traveled before, to Fiji, when I was two, and eight years old, so that doesn't really count.

So I'm off, kiddy and Hubby free, to a family wedding. I don't know how much of Sydney I will get to see, but hey, I'll be in a foreign place with a strange accent (theirs, not mine), so I can kid myself it's somewhere further than a three hour flight away.

I've packed the important things...

Passport...check
New Frock...check
New shoes...check
Credit card...check.

What else do I need?

9 comments:

Kerrie said...

you can get Vegemite here, so you'll be fine :-)

Bernadette said...

Oh do have fun, it's a beautiful time of year to be going to Sydney.

What else do you need? Berocca (for the post-wedding hangover).

But just so you know, it is you that has the funny accent :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Dorte H said...

A good crime novel!

Enjoy :D

Dave B said...

The contact details of a few good Aussie publishers!

:)

Anonymous said...

Fabulously comfortable shopping shoes for the hours to be spent on feet....
See you on the otherside

Anonymous said...

Pack a brolly and a sunhat. And some blockout. If you love jasmine, you'll be in seventh heaven. I was in Balmain at the weekend and the air was filled with that unmistakable perfume. And the jacarandas are in bloom - a glorious sight amongst all the other trees in Sydney (the trees are something I never stop noticing). Enjoy Sydney, my beautiful adopted home.

The Paradoxical Cat said...

Suntan lotion, mossie cream, antihistamine bite cream, hat, fan, face mask in case of dust storms, and do have a wonderful time. I love Australia! Saw a T shirt today in Welly:

"God Bless America,
God Defend New Zealand,
Thank Christ for Australia!"

Pen said...

You need a great book and your writer's note book so you can record any inspirational thoughts or names etc, etc (assuming you have one of these), and a pen to write in it with. Have fun!