Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stasis

It's true, I've been getting nowhere of late. I feel like I've had too many balls to juggle, and admittedly I've dropped a few. Writing has been a non event, and I've spent my days dealing with the tyranny of the urgent. I haven't even managed to blog!

It's just as well life is cyclic in nature and I'm at the point where things are getting to a more even keel. Oddly, I think a bit of it has to do with the upcoming book launch. I don't know how other writers find it, but for me, the knowledge that it's coming up causes a kind of a pause, waiting, holding of breath, not being able to move on wholeheartedly with the next project until this one is properly realised. I hate the waiting!!!!

So, apart from the counting of days until the book launch, I have cleared my desk, organised what needs to be organised, dealt with the clutter, physically, and that which is going on in my head, and I think I'm finally ready to write...

3 comments:

Dave B said...

What do you do for your book launchs? A short reading and nibbles etc?

Pen said...

When and where is the launch Vanda? Will it be open or invite only? Best of luck.

Vanda Symon said...

Wine and nibbles, David, oh yeah, and speechy things. But wine.

And yes, Pen, it's open invitation, so come along, Tuesday the 24th of November, 6.00pm at The University Book Shop