Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Media Overkill

Toady was one of those days when everything happens at once. Not only did I have my radio show, Write On at noon, I also had my regular book reviewing slot on Channel 9 Television's Dunedin Diary programme.

Here's the bits about the radio show today, and my guests, who were both fabulous.


Michele Powles has recently arrived in Dunedin from Auckland to take up her position as the Robert Burns Fellow at the University of Otago. Last year she had published her first novel Weathered Bones, a tale of three women past and present. We talk about the novel and what the fellowship means to her





Bronwyn Wylie-Gibb from Dunedin's The University Book Shop is a regular guest on the show. Join us as we chat about current books, trends and whats hot in the book world.

On Dunedin Diary tonight I reviewed two books, Father's Raising Daughter's by Nigel Latta, and Promised Land, by Graeme Sydney, which also went very well. I also got to meet Graeme Downes from The Verlaines, and jeweller and guest judge for the ID Fashion Week Andrew Logan. It's cool who you bump into in the studio!

1 comment:

Fifi Colston said...

sounds like a brilliant,jam packed and useful day/night Vanda!