Sunday, September 4, 2011

The cover art of Justin Todd

I've been quiet on the blogging front as I've been frantically working on the novel revisions...almost there, thank heavens. When I have had a moment to spare I have strayed dangerously to troll on Trade Me, and have made one or two, ahem, purchases - all in the name of research, honest.

As you know I'm a bit of a Ngaio Marsh fan, and have been collecting her books, and in particular those of one or two cover artists. Here are three recent acquisitions, Fontana editions featuring the work of Justin Todd, who manages to capture an almost comically gruesome atmosphere in his work.


Death at the Dolphin (1976 edition)
I like the nice teeth theme he has going on here.


Singing in the Shrouds (1976 edition)
Again, plenty of teeth, and some seriously filmed over eye action.


Death in a White Tie (1977 edition)
Not quite as dramatic as the first two, but there's still plenty of eye bulging happening.

Can't wait to find some more...








No comments: