Monday, October 29, 2012

Well heeled...or not

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball. Mine came while fencing at the National Champs in Christchurch, in the women's teams gold medal match, I was fencing the Commonwealth champion, we were in the lead when...SNAP...good bye Achilles tendon.

An operation and an enormous plaster cast later I find my self laid up for the next 6 weeks, and then the long road of rehab.

So what am I going to do for all that time, going stir crazy on the sofa, not being allowed to be up and about? Got a few ideas and they involve a lot of catching up on reading, and writing (woohoo - perfect opportunity to concentrate on the new novel) and some blogging. I know I've been very slack of late, life has been insanely busy, but I now find myself forced to slow down and given a chance to catch up on a few things I have neglected.

Pretty dramatic way of getting a break!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Vanda, I am sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you heal quickly.

J.T. Webster said...

Sorry to hear of your injury. It must be frustrating to be laid up. But what an excuse to read and write all day!!
I hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

Vanda Symon said...

Thank you ladies. A friend and I listed the positives of all this and there were plenty (-: